Business Market Analyst
The Propane Education & Research Council, a Washington, D.C. based non-profit has an exciting staff position available. You will be responsible for performing market research analyzes to support the business development and market outreach programs, including market and product research, analysis of national industry trends, and analysis of competition. You will also identify data collection methods and collect data to support the measurement and evaluation activities. The business intelligence you provide will be used to make important business decisions about developing new uses for propane through technology development and commercialization of new propane-powered products.
Additional responsibilities are as follows:
- Develop, manage, and execute market research projects designed to deliver insights and recommendations to support strategic and tactical decision-making.
- Monitor industry statistics and follow trends in trade literature.
- Perform market assessments and provide objective analyzes on current and future market conditions and trends.
- Analyze customer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand.
- Devise and evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data, such as surveys, opinion polls, or questionnaires, or arrange to obtain existing data to support measurement and evaluation of the Council’s activities.
- Prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text.
The successful candidate must possess:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Economics, Business or a related field with one to three years related experience in market research design and analysis; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to three years experience performing data collection, evaluation and analysis to support business decision making.
- Ability to work as part of a team and effectively manage several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to respond quickly to inquiries from multiple audiences in a professional manner.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent written, oral and public speaking skills, including the ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Positive attitude with a pleasant demeanor.
This organization is an equal opportunity employer and offers excellent benefits. For confidential consideration, please send the following information: resume, cover letter, salary expectations and references to Theresa Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only submissions that meet the above criteria will be accepted for review.