Project Description Briefly describe the proposed project. Identify the need for this project, your proposed solution, and the primary benefit this project will provide to the end user.
Propane Council Involvement In what way is the Propane Council requested to be involved in this project? Highlight specifically the areas PERC funding would cover.
Strategic Fit and Importance What are the potential strategic benefits of this project to the propane industry? How does the proposed project support PERC's strategy?
Problem and/or Statement of Need What problem is this project intending to solve? What need will this project fulfill?
Solution Describe the proposed solution/idea. What will the primary deliverables of the proposed work be?
Audience/Market To whom is the product directed? Briefly estimate the market size, rate of growth, and degree and type of competition.
Product and Competitive Advantage What unique benefits does this project offer to the audience? How does this concept differ from other products/current solutions available to the audience? How does this concept provide greater customer benefits compared to current solutions?
Technical Feasibility Highlight the size of the technical gap and degree of technical complexity involved in the project. Demonstrate your degree of aptitude in successfully completing similar projects.
Cost/Benefit Analysis What is the potential impact (e.g., new gallons, units sold, persons trained, propane industry resource savings)?Provide 5-year projections when possible. What are the potential risks (e.g., fuel price; regulatory, environmental, or legislative considerations; propane marketer support) to achieving the impact?
Have you talked to anyone (e.g., experts or customers) about this idea? List the people you have talked to about this idea and where they are from. When did you talk to them?
Include a preliminary budget and timeline.
These Terms and Conditions govern the Propane Education and Research Council (PERC) Propane Challenge and all information, materials, technologies, data and ideas submitted to PERC initially or as part of any follow-up or further review (my “Submission”) for the Propane Challenge. Each person or entity entering the Propane Challenge must agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
By making a Submission to the Propane Challenge, and in consideration of the review of my Submission by PERC, the Submitter (“I”) hereby acknowledges and agrees to the following:
(1) Eligibility. PERC will only accept Submissions from persons 18 years of age or older. I certify that I am 18 years or older and that I understand and agree to these Terms and Conditions. I further certify that I am free to enter the Propane Challenge and that no contractual or legal restrictions bar or restrict me from entering the Propane Challenge or from agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
(2) Non-Confidential Submission. My Submission contains only non-confidential information. I confirm that all information (including materials, technology and ideas) in my Submission to the PERC Propane Challenge is non-confidential and may be disclosed by PERC or anyone else for any purpose. I also agree that no confidential relationship exists between PERC and me, or is or will be established as a result of my entry in the Propane Challenge and/or the review and consideration of my Submission.
(3) Ownership of Submission. I certify that I own all Intellectual Property rights in the materials, technology and ideas included in my Submission, or that I am authorized to submit them on behalf of the owner who is identified in my Submission form and has consent to my Submission. If my Submission is made on behalf of another owner, all references to “I” or “me” include the owner, who also is bound by these Terms and Conditions. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge, no other person or entity has any claim to ownership of the materials, technology and/or ideas in my Submission.
(4) Intellectual Property Rights. I understand that, if my Submission proceeds to a grant-funding request stage, Intellectual Property rights will be negotiated on a case-by-case basis as part of a separate written agreement for each project. Unless such an agreement has been reached, I retain all commercial Intellectual Property rights associated with my Submission.
(5) No Intellectual Property Rights Granted to PERC. By entering a Submission, I do not grant any Intellectual Property rights to PERC on an exclusive basis or for any other purpose aside from review and evaluation of My Submission. However, any aspect of my Submission that is not protected by valid, enforceable intellectual property rights or a written contract may be commercially used by any third party, including PERC.Further, I grant PERC and its designees the non-exclusive right and license to use my Submission and any part or aspect thereof for purposes of review and evaluation.
(6) Further Disclosure. These terms apply both to my original Submission as well as to all subsequent oral or written disclosures I make to PERC. Any and all information (including materials, technology and ideas) exchanged between PERC and me is non-confidential. If PERC and I mutually decide that we need to discuss or review confidential information, PERC may ask me to enter into a separate written confidentiality agreement. I understand that I am solely responsible for not disclosing any confidential information to PERC, unless and until PERC and I enter into a separate written confidentiality agreement signed by both PERC and me.
(7) Proposal Review. I understand that my Submission will be evaluated by PERC. All submissions will be entered into the PERC Idea Vault. Some submissions will undergo further evaluation and review by experts designated by PERC to determine technical feasibility and possible benefits to the propane industry. Some submissions will be selected to proceed to a grant-funding request stage. PERC does not promise or represent that my Submission will be selected for further evaluation or for grant-funding requests. If my Submission is rejected, PERC is under no obligation to provide an explanation for the rejection of a submission. However, at its discretion, PERC may choose to provide an explanation. If an explanation is provided, I hold PERC harmless against any and all liabilities arising out of my use of such explanation.
(8) Return of Materials. Due to the amount of materials submitted in the Submission process, PERC is unable to return any materials that have been submitted for consideration.
(10) RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: BY ENTERING THE PROPANE CHALLENGE, I AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD PERC, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, CONSULTANTS, AND EMPLOYEES, HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST CLAIMS, ACTIONS, LOSSES, DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES AND LEGAL COSTS), OR ANY LIABILITY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, PATENT INFRINGEMENT OR OTHER VIOLATION OF LAW OR LEGAL REGULATION, CONTRACT BREACH, OR ANY DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, WHICH I OR ANYONE ELSE MAY INCUR, OR WHICH PERC MAY SUFFER, AS A RESULT OF THE PROPANE CHALLENGE OR THE REVIEW OR USE OF MY OR ANY OTHER SUBMISSION IN THE PROPANE CHALLENGE.
(11) DISCLAIMERS: Incomplete, misdirected, or illegible submissions will not be considered. All submissions must be in the English language PERC reserves the right in its sole discretion to end, modify or terminate the Propane Challenge or to amend these Terms and Conditions, without notice. The decisions of PERC and all judges or experts are final and are made in their sole discretion. PERC is not liable or responsible for any loss, harm, or damages incurred or suffered by me or anyone else as a result of the Propane Challenge or any submission, and disclaims any such liability or responsibility.
(12) Applicable Law. These Terms and Conditions, and all matters relating to or arising out of the Propane Challenge, are governed by and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the District of Columbia, without regard to any principle of conflict or choice of laws that would cause the laws of any other jurisdiction to be applied.
(13) Entire Agreement. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the PERC and me. All prior agreements, understandings, and negotiations are superseded. No modifications or exceptions will apply without a formal, written contract agreed to by both PERC and me.
(14) Sponsor. The Propane Challenge is sponsored by the Propane Education and Research Council (PERC), Suite 1075, 1140 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20036.